Categories: Personal Injury
There are a number of things you can do in the first few days and weeks after an accident to protect your right to compensation, such as:
- write down as much as you can about the accident itself, your injuries and any other losses (such as wages) you've suffered as a result of the accident;
- make notes of conversations you have with people involved in the accident or the injury claim;
- preserve evidence of who caused the accident and what damage was done by collecting physical evidence and taking photographs;
- locate witnesses to the accident and who might be able to help you prove your case;
- notify anyone you think might be responsible for the accident of your intention to file a claim for your injuries, especially if a government agency or employee may be involved; and
- contact a personal injury attorney to evaluate and pursue your claim.