Ten Top Reasons For Hiring A Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The decision to hire an attorney should not be taken lightly. This article is intended to give you the eleven top reasons to hire a motorcycle accident injury attorney if you are injured in a motor cycle accident.
- By hiring an experienced motorcycle accident attorney will help the rapport and confidence level you feel about an attorney.
- A biker attorney is not going to criticize you for not wearing a helmet if the law does not require it. In fact, she can mount defenses for you when the insurance company tries to low ball you because you were not wearing a helmet.
- A good lawyer brings with her a multitude of skills and a depth of knowledge. She’s likely dealt with hundreds, if not thousands of personal injury cases and therefore knows what needs to be done. A lawyer has experience in gathering evidence and negotiating with insurance companies. She will advise you on how much you can expect to get for your settlement (you probably have no idea, do you?). Knowing what your case is worth is essential to negotiating.
- Your motorcycle injury lawyer will do all the legwork involved in gathering evidence for your case (obtaining medical records, doctor’s notes and narratives, police reports, etc.).
- Your personal injury lawyer will also negotiate with the insurance company. If you don’t know how to play the negotiation game then you’ll get eaten alive by the adjuster (the person working for the insurance company trying to get you to take the lowest settlement possible). The lawyer will have tons of experience negotiating and will not be intimidated by the adjuster. She knows how to handle them.
- A good lawyer takes the time to explain the process to you so you will know what to expect.
- A good motorcycle attorney will advise you on what you should or should not do as your injury unwinds.
- A good attorney will advance expenses of litigation so your case can be fully prepared.
- A real motorcycle attorney will be willing to file suit and go to trial if necessary so you don’t have to take their low ball offer. The truth is you surely would not want to try your own case. If you try negotiating by yourself, what incentive does the insurance company have to pay you a fair dollar when they know that you pretty much have to take what they offer since you are in no position to try your own case?
- By hiring a motorcycle lawyer you have time to take care of your injuries and attend to your daily activities, secure in the fact that you have a motorcycle attorney fighting your battle and leveling the playing field.